"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
Todays receipe is a simple dish which we often make as a curry when we have chapati or roti.
Moong dal - 1 cup
Tomatoes - 2 (Medium)
Green chillies - 5 to 6
Curry leaves - 5 to 6
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Salt as required
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Red chillies - 5 to 6
1. Wash the moong dal and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. All the ingredients mentioned under seasoning one- by one. When they are truning golden brown, add ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves and green chilles. Fry them nicely under medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Now add moong dal. Fry the moong dal under low flame until it is golden brown. Now add tomatoes and close the lid. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Mix nicely and add water as needed. Close the lid and cook the dal until it is nicely cooked and there is no water left. Now add the salt and check the spices.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves.