In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time.
Todays receipe is goruchikkudu curry.
Goruchikkudu - 500 gms
Onion - 1 (medium nicely chopped)
green chillies - 5 to 6 (cut long)
Curry leaves - 4 to 5
Salt to taste
Red chilli as per required
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Water as required.
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Asafoetida/ Hing - 1/4 tsp (optional)
1. Wash the goruchikkudu and chop them.
2. Heat some oil in a pan and add all the ingredients mentioned under the seasoning. When they start to change the color. Add onions.
3.When they start to change the color to golden brown, add ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, green chillies.
Fry them nicely for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Now add goruchikkudu, coriander powder and mix them well. Close the lid and Cook for 4 to 5 minutes under medium flame.
5. Now add water to the above around 2 cups and cook until it is cooked. Add salt and red chilli powder(if required).
6. Close the lid and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.If any water still remains, cook until there is no water.
7.Serve hot with rice or roti.
1. Its upto you to add green chillies or not. I have mentioned to cut the green chillies long. Its because when you cook since both of them i mean to say the vegetable and chillies resemble same color, while eating you may have a chance to bite the green chillies. Instead you can use red chillies.
2. You can also cook the goruchikkudu in the microwave until it is 3/4 cooked. The procedure is the same except you have to eliminate the addition of water again.
3. There are several versions to prepare this curry. This is one of the version. I will try to blog other versions too.