Please read the content carefully before attempting any.These recipes are tried in my kitchen before publishing.

Spinach Dal with garlic tempering/Lasooni dal

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

Todays recipe is spinach dal. I love to have green vegetables in my diet.They are good for eyes and hair.Using spinach , I also prepare  spinach fry with moon gal and garlic (dry version), spinach pakoda.I will blog them too sometime. I usually love to have spinach dal with meal maker fry. I like the combination. Today i would like to try the spinach dal with potato fry.

Ingredients


Spinach - Bunch (Nicely chopped and washed)
Toor Dal - 1 cup
Garlic - 3 flakes
Tamarind paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 3 to 4
Red chilli powder as per taste
Salt to taste
Oil
For Seasoning/tempering


Cumin seeds
Coriander seeds
Mustard seeds
Curry leaves (leaves)
Dry red chillies (Optional)
Hing(Optional)
Chopped garlic - 2 flakes

Method


1. Wash the dal nicely for 3 to  4 times in a pressure cooker. Add 1 and half cup of water to it. Add turmeric  powder, cumin seeds, chopped green chilles, chopped garlic and now add chopped spinach to it .
2. Pressure cook the dal up to 3 whistles.If the dal is not cooked, you can cook for 2 more whistles.
3. Once the dal is cooked, add salt and tamarind paste to it. If the spice level is less you can add the red chilli powder.
4. Take another small pan or kadai. This is for tempering. Add oil to it. when it is hot, add the ingredients listed under tempering.
5.Pour this tempering to the dal and Boil it for 5 minutes and switch off the flame.
6. Serve hot with roti or rice.

Lessons from my experience


Initially when I start cooking, I never used to taste the curry while preparing. So I used to wonder whoever tasted used to tell me about salt/red chilli powder being less or more.Sometimes also with the question how many spoons you have added?.As I used to feel I added reasonable amount of them. Then I started tasting the curry whatever I made before it is served. After then I became confident with the amount how much need to be added.Later on , whenever I made anything I just used to trust my instincts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers