A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success in life. - Dr. Joyce Brothers
Egg Pulav is something iam trying it. I have once tasted the pulav when one of my friend while we are doing our bachelors brought it for lunch. Everyone of them relished it so much. I have searched for the recipe but couldnot find any. One day i found the recipe in the following website and thought to give it a try.
It came out so nice....Today i thought to make this recipe..so i started blogging and returned back to my kitchen to start the recipe .This is the link where i have found the recipe. i have made few changes not too big...
http://myworldofrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/08/egg-pulav.html . Eventually its a hit.. i am waiting for my husband to try and let me know... about it.. Any of these the credit goes to preeti...thank preeti for a lovely recipe...
Basmati Rice - 2 cups (washed and soaked for half-hour)
Shah jeera - 1 tsp
Star Anise -2
Cardmoms - 8
Bay leaves - 2
Butter - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Pudina - 12 leaves
Ginger - garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Curry leaves - a string
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Tomato - 1 medium (nicely chopped)
Carrot - 2 medium ( peeled and chopped)
Potato - 1 medium (peeled and chopped)
Onion - 1 medium (chopped)
Eggs - 2
Chilli - 2
Water - 2 to 21/2 cups
Salt as per taste
Red Chill powder as per taste
1. Heat a pan. Add Oil and butter in the pan. Once it is hot, add shahjeera, cardamom, star anise, cloves, bayleaves. Add Onions. Once they are turning light brown add ginger-garlic paste.
2. Fry it for 2 minutes, now add potato, carrot, green chilles. Once they are cooked for 2 minutes on a medium heat. Add tomatoes to it.Once the tomatoes are nicely cooked.Add some salt and chilli powder. Mix it nicely.
3. Now beat the eggs in the pan. Let it cooked for 2 minutes. Now mix it well and let it cook like a egg burji.
4. Once the egg is cooked, Add the basmati rice to it and mix it well. Now add the water mix it well.
5. Check the salt and chilli consistency. If it is less, you can add more. Close with the lid and cook on low heat approximately 5 minutes.
6. Once you check all the water is evaporated switch off the flame and Its ready to serve.