"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - Joseph Kennedy
Todays recipe is egg curry which my mom prepares whenever guests arrive and there is no other meat item at home to prepare. It prepares so easily and tastes good with puri and chapati even rice too. Sometimes when my mom makes puri, if its not a chicken curry then i would ask my mom to prepare egg curry. Also, my husband he likes egg so much. Today its raining so much and when i think of what curry to make?... I thought why don't i make egg curry. However the curry is made, my husband says nothing can beat the egg curry. My niece had tried her first curry by making egg curry. I have seen a little chef in her and thought for a second, I made this curry many a times and this curry is so delicious than mine,... you know what the secret is ... note down the recipe with all the ingredients and read the method and trust your instincts thats it... you are not wrong
Eggs - 3
Onions - 2 medium sized nicely thinly sliced
Salt to taste
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Chilli powder as per taste
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
1. Heat the oil in a pan, Add cumin seeds when it is hot. Then add onions nicely and niely fry on medium heat for 2 minutes.
2. Now add ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, turmeric powder and mix them well. Now when you find the onions are changing colour to light brown , add salt and red chili powder. Intially add less and you can adjust the level at the end.
3. Mix nicely and fry for a minute and bring whole onion mixture at the center and beat the egg on the mixture and keep the lid and let it cook for 5 minutes. in between check so that its not burning. you can also reduce the time if you think its burning.
4. Now its half cooked and you can turn nicely, if you want your egg pieces to appear big dont mix so much if you dont, you can mix.
5. Keep the lid and cook for more time. Now when its cooked, you can check the salt and chilli. If less you can add as per taste.
6. Now once done, switch off the flame and atlast garnish with coriander powder.