If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges. - Pat Riley
Todays recipe is cauliflower curry. My husband usually likes the hyderabadi style of cooking. While I was cooking this cauliflower dish, few of my friends told me variety of dishes with cauliflower. One of the dishes includes cauliflower and tomato, I thought why dont I try the same dish using Peas. So here is the version of cauliflower with peas curry tried and tested in my kitchen.
Cauliflower - 1
Ginger garlic paste - 1tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Onion (Small to medium) - 1 ( nicely chopped)
Peas - 1/2 cup
Methi leaves - 2 tbsps
Coconut powder - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder - 1tbsp
Red Chilli powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
1. Wash the cauliflower and chop them like florets and keep them aside.
2. Heat some oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, once they are nicely roasted add ginger-garlic paste. Once the paste is nicely fried, add chopped onions.
3. Once the onions are nicely brown, add methi leaves, add turmeric powder. Now add the cauliflower. Add
salt and red chilli powder and close the lid. Cook them on medium heat.
4. After 7-8 minutes, check the cauliflower . When the cauliflower is Half-cooked, Add the peas to it and close the lid.
5. After 2 minutes, add coconut powder and coriander powder to the dish. Let them cook with the lid closed.
6. Dont mix too much, Otherwise the curry becomes mushy.
7. Check the florets and peas , If they are cooked switch of the flame.