Tomatoes - 2 (nicely riped Medium size which is boiled and mashed)
Onions - 1 medium
Curry leaves - 5 to 6
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Tamarind paste - 1 tsp
Red-chilli powder as required
Coriander leaves -2 tsp
Salt as required
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Crushed garlic - 3
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Red Chillies - 3 to 4
1. Take a pan. Add some oil, when it is hot add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chilies and curry leaves.
2. Now add chopped onions and coriander leaves. Once they are turning golden yellow colour add garlic. Fry nicely for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Now add turmeric powder. Now add tomatoes and tamarind paste and let them cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add little amount of water .
4. Now add salt, pepper powder and red-chilli powder as required. Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat.
5. If required make the adjustments. When you get nice aroma, remove from flame. Serve it rice and papad.
1.If you dont like the tangyness, you can add a little amount of Jaggery.
2.You can also add rasam powder, if you like. But this version is without rasam powder still it tastes good.