Todays receipe is a simple one. It is French beans curry.
French beans - 500 gms ( nicely chopped and washed)
Onions - 1 medium
Salt as per taste
Ginger and garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder as per taste
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves to garnish
Coconut powder - 1 tbsp
Water as required.
Oil as required
1. Take a pressure pan. Add a tbsp of oil. Now add all the ingredients under tempering.
2. When they start to turn golden brown, now add ginger-garlic paste. Fry nicely for 2 min. Now add finely chopped onions. Fry them until they are golden brown.
3. Now add french beans. Fry them for 2 minutes. Now add coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala. Mix them well and add some water. Close the lid and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
4. Turn off the heat and cool. Remove the lid and if you see any water, cook till the water is evaporated.
5. Now add salt and red chilli powder. Cook for 2 minutes and add coconut powder. Mix it well. Turn off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
I always feel better cooking food in pressure cooker. Pressure cooker cooking is time saving, less oil consumption and easy cooking.