Yesterday I have prepared the tomato curry. It was smelling so good.. I thought to blog the curry but could not do that as i thought i will taste it and then i will blog the curry... so in the morning the first thing i have done is blogging the curry. It is a simple curry which we make quite a many times at home... my version is pressure cooker version..
Tomatoes - 4 (medium sized nicely chopped)
Onions - 2 (nicely chopped)
Green chillies - 4
Green Peas - 2 tbsp
Methi leaves - 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
Curry leaves - a string
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Red chilli powder - as per taste
Ginger - garlic paste - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Water - 1 1/2 cup
Coriander powder (Roast) - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Heat the oil in the pressure cooker . When hot add the cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds are getting fried, add the onions. Once they are slightly changing colour, add ginger-garlic paste.
2. After roasting for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat , add green chillies, curry leaves, methi leaves, coriander leaves, cumin powder, garam masala powder,coriander powder.
3. Cook with the lid close and in between mixing for about 3-4 minutes. Now add the tomatoes. Let the tomatoes nicely cook.Add the salt and red chilli powder.
4. Once the tomatoes are nicely cooked, add water and keep the whistle and pressure cook until 3 to 4 whisteles.
5. Once cool, remove the lid and check the consistency of salt and pepper and adjust according to ones taste buds. Now add the green peas and cook until they are cooked.
6. If you want the curry to have like a liquid consistency. You can let it be as it is. Other wise cook under medium flame until it thickens.