"Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitably bring about right results." - James Allen
Todays recipe is basic lamb curry. I am cooking Mutton than lamb. Both comes under red meat category. This curry was made in a potluck party where only husbands are made to cook the curry. Thanks for vah chef who made the curry and put the video in his site. This made easy for those husbands to choose the curries and make whatever they feel comfortable. It tasted so nice so i thought to write about the recipe in my blog. I made few changes for the curry. There are certain restrictions like I want to have more gravy and my husband does not like to have the whole spices coming in between whenever he is eating so i prefer to use the garam masala which i make whenever i find time. I will also blog them under spice powders sometime. The link for the basic lamb curry is as follows http://vahrehvah.com/popvideo.php?recipe_id=3263
Mutton - 1/2 kg or 500 gms
Onions - 3
Green chilles - 4 ( as per ones taste)
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
Coconut powder - 1 tbsp
Ginger-garlic paste - 1tbsp
Mint leaves - 1 string
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
1. Since i want to have gravy consistency more, what i did is i chopped the onions(2) in to fine pieces. heat a pan and fried the onions till they are golder brown. Then once they are cool, I made them into fine paste.
2. After that I marinated the mutton with salt, red-chilli powder, Ginger-garlic paste and kept them aside.
3. Heat the pan preferably a pressure pan, add some oil, when it is hot, add the remaining chopped onions, once they are turning into golden brown add turmeric powder and fry them nicely. Now add the marinated mutton to the pan.
4. Fry them nicely under medium heat for about 5 minutes with lid closed.
5. Now add garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, green chillies and mint .Mix them well and fry for a minute more.
6. Now Pressure cook the mutton until 5 to 6 whistels. Once it is cool, check the mutton if it is hard again cook for 2 whistles. Continue the process till the mutton is cooked.Please dont over cook.
7. Once it is cooked, add pepper powder, coconut powder, coriander leaves and cook for 2 minutes and switch of the flame.
8. Serve with roti or rice.