If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. - Napoleon Hill
One of my friend likes brinjal a lot. Whenever we happen to check the menu and if she finds any brinjal dish, she also force me to order. So here is my version of the brinjal curry.
Brinjals - 5 to 6 (medium size)
Onion - 1 (small)
Curry leaves - 1 sting
Methi leaves - 1/2 cup
Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - as per taste
Chilli powder - optional
Coriander leaves - garnish
Urad dal - 1 tbsp
Channa dal - 1 tbsp
Red chillies - 2
Jeera - 1/2 tbsp
1. First of all, roast all the ingredients listed under powder one by one without oil. Roast till you get nice aroma on a medium flame. Once cool, grind it to a fine powder.
2. Chop the brinjal, and put them in the salt water so that the colour of the brinjal won't change.
3. Take a frying pan. Add some oil. Now add the chopped onions, curry leaves. Once the onions are golden brown, add the brinjals.
4. Cover the pan with the lid and cook for 5 minutes on the medium flame. Now add the methi leaves.
5. Once the brinjals are 3/4th cooked. Add the powder and mix them well. After some time, add salt as per taste.
6. If you find spice level is less, you can add chilli powder. Cover the pan with the lid till the curry is cooked.
7. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and coriander powder.
8. Serve hot with rice and ghee.