Brinjal - 250 gms (length wise thinly sliced )
Onions - 2 (chopped) + 1 (coarsely grind)
ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 4 to 5 (make paste along with 2 strings of coriander leaves)
Methi leaves - 1/2 bunch
Turmeric powder - 1tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1tsp
oil as required
Salt as per taste
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, Mustard seeds, urad dal. Once they are turning brown add coarsely ground onions, let them fry nicely for 2 minutes. Now add chopped onions and fy them for 3to 4 minutes.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder,Methi leaves, garam masala and coriander powder.
3. Fry them nicely for 5 minutes on a low to medium flame. Now add brinjal and cook them for 12 to 15 minutes on medium flame with lid closed and stirring in between so that they wont stick and burn.
4. Once they are almost cooked , add salt and green chilli paste. Now cook uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes on low flame.
5.Serve hot with rice.
1. Dont stir many times .It will become too mushy.